A little bee flies in the garden. She is so hungry. She wants to eat. She flies to a daisy.
- Dear daisy, - she says. - Please give me some honey!
- Go away, - says the daisy. - I want all the honey I have. I can give you none.
The bee flies to a rose.
- Beautiful rose, - she says. - Please give me some of your honey!
- You may have just a little honey, - says the rose. - I want my honey. I can't give you much.
- Thank you, - says the bee. - I will take none of your honey. You may keep it all!
The bee flies to a clover.
- Little clover, - she says, - please give me some honey!
- Certainly. I am glad to give you some. Take all you want!
- Thank you, - says the bee. - You are so kind. I want to be kind to you, too. From this day on you will have more honey than any other flowers.
That is why the clover is so sweet.