Thee bee and the grasshopper
One day in summer a bee meets a grasshopper.
- Buzz, buzz, - says the bee.
- Let's make a little house. I can gather honey and carry it to the house. You gather honey and carry it to the house. When winter comes we shall have it to eat. How happy we shall be.
- Winter and the cold days are far away, - says the grasshopper.
- I don't want to gather honey. I want to play, and be happy. Now, good bye, little Bee, good bye!
All summer the bee is busy gathering honey.
All summer the grasshopper plays.
One day in autumn the grasshopper meets the bee.
- The cold days are here now, little Bee, - he says. - Let us make a home. Let us carry your honey to the house. Then we shall have some honey to eat. How happy we shall be!
- No, no, - says the little Bee. - It is too late now. Summer is the time to make a house. Summer is the time to gather honey for the winter. I will not live with you. Good bye, grasshopper, good bye!